5/22/2014

Even More Makeup Mistakes

I've gotten a few messages on my account to do another one of these posts. Strangely enough, I was already thinking about it myself. I've seen some makeup looks that have really bothered me lately. However, I obviously won't use pictures of the users, I wouldn't want to exploit them. I recreated some mistakes on my on doll. Also, this is in no way me shaming or telling people what to do. Whatever makes you happy, is what you should do. This is just my personal opinion. 


MESSY EYEBROWS

I see this pretty often. They start out with very light eyebrows, and try to make them dark. However, it doesn't work out very well because you run out of pencil. (Still waiting for Stardoll to fix this). Or, they are just careless about their application. 


FIX IT:

Don't rush, and it might take a couple tries to get it right. Or, just simply darken your eyebrows in the face editor. It will save a lot of time and effort. 




 CRAZY HIGHLIGHTS 

I definitely use to do this when I first joined Stardoll. But, now I know better. There is definitely a proper way to do highlights. Don't mix too many colors, and apply them in the right places. You don't want to look like a scene kid from 2008.


FIX IT:

Use colors that work well together. The easiest way to master highlights is to make it look natural. Use a golden highlight with a dirty blonde or light brown hair color. 




MIXING THE WRONG COLORS

I probably see this most frequently. Make sure to chose complementary colors when doing your makeup. This doesn't mean red lips and red eyeshadow. If you're trying a rosey eye look, you shouldn't pair it with orange lips.


FIX IT:

Try a nude color for a purple/pink eye look. It will compliment it nicely. I think the most important part of this concept is experimenting. Try things out, you'll see what works and what doesn't.



I hope you enjoyed! This has always been the most popular series on the blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment